Quartz crystals have been used as tools for energy healing in certain cultures for millennia, especially in ancient cultures. The beauty of quartz crystals is one of the main reasons why people are drawn to them. However, many crystal energy healing practitioners believe that quartz crystals have mystical, magical and healing properties. By studying these beautiful minerals, I do sense that there is a metaphysical side to these minerals, which may be why some people feel a strong spiritual connection to them and believe they can increase their energy frequency.
What are quartz crystals?
Quartz crystals are composed of silicon and oxygen. They are a type of mineral that naturally form deep in the Earth’s crust over millions of years. The combination of minerals, heat, pressure and oxygen are some of the main ingredients needed to produce quartz crystals. These fascinating minerals come in all shapes, sizes and color, and they are the second most abundant mineral on Earth. The chemical composition of quartz is SiO2 (silicon dioxide). This type of mineral is very unique because it is a silicon-based element. Most life on Earth is carbon-based.
What is crystal healing?
Crystal healing is an ancient energy healing art that uses crystals to help heal the body. These energy healing crystals have the ability to amplify the body’s energy and therefore they can increase its frequency. Many crystal experts believe that quartz crystals have the ability to produce physical and spiritual resonance. If used correctly, they believe these minerals can harmonize the energies of the body and soul and thus healing and balancing their energies. Their healing effects may be why a lot of mediators claim that they bring peace and harmony to their soul.
With our current technologies and our current understanding of how crystals work, we still don’t know how to utilize the true power of crystals. As a result, using quartz crystals to heal the body often takes a long time and they may not heal the body as well as they should. However, with more research in crystal healing, we should one day be able to use quartz crystals to heal the body more effectively. For example, we should be able to use these healing minerals to activate or balance our chakras and meridians, and heal our energy fields and DNA.
Quartz crystals and their applications
Besides being used for energy healing, these beautiful minerals are also used for time-keeping applications and to build certain advanced technologies. Computers, watches, radios, televisions and cellphones all rely on quartz crystals to operate properly. For time-keeping applications, synthetic quartz crystals are used since they can be created in labs with less flaws.
Some cool facts about quartz crystals
- Quartz crystals were used to build the pyramids of Egypt.
- These minerals have lattices, which are symmetrically repeating patterns that allow them to store large amounts of information.
- Quartz crystals have piezoelectric effects and therefore when stress is placed on them, they develop an electrical potential. Furthermore, they will vibrate and oscillate at a specific frequency when alternating electrical potential is applied across their sides.
- Quartz crystals come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Some can grow wider than a fully grown tree.
- These beautiful stones are used as components in sandpaper, circuit boards, televisions, lenses, computers and other electronic devices.
- Due to their ability to store large amounts of data, they are being used more in storage devices.
- Some scientists have been able to use quartz crystals to “stop light” for nearly 1 second. If this technology is perfected, scientists may one day be able to store light information.
- John DeSalvo, Ph.D. Power Crystals: Spiritual and Magical Practices, Crystal Skulls, and Alien Technology
Author: Pao Chang